Sunday, June 19, 2011

84 - sunday

today has been pretty quiet around the house. I got an hour long run in this morning, and I'm learning very quickly that it's either run early in 100% humidity and less heat, or run later in less humidity and 100° heat. either way, I'm going to sweat like a beast and my "run" will be reduced to a jog so my head doesn't feel like it's spinning the whole time. complaints aside, each subsequent run I've done has been better than the one prior. I know I'm adjusting. I can feel myself adjusting. but damn, it is hot out there.


this is real life. 11:00 in the morning = 110° in the sun.

after the run it was time for church. I showered, got dressed, even blowdried my hair (!), then checked the church's website one last time to make sure I had the address right. theeeen I noticed an announcement about a *special service* for father's day. basically, instead of having 8:30a AND 11:00a services, they just had one 10:30a mega service followed by a father's day lunch cookout. I figured this out at 10:45, standing in my kitchen all dressed and ready to go. fail. mega sad face.

so, what to do?

I cut up this pretty grapefruit, took about a million pictures of it, and have spent the rest of the day doing work in the office. 


a quiet sunday, yes, but a relaxing and reflective and productive one. as all sundays should be, really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment