Sunday, June 19, 2011

83 - saturday

so yes, I forgot to blog yesterday. because I already shared this with t AND my mom, and with a few honorable exceptions (hi, rickie!), that's just about all of my readership.

we have a phantom gardener.

yesterday (friday), I spent a few hours gardening. this is how I've been spending most of my mornings since I got here and I really love the routine: run while it's (relatively) cool, garden for a few hours, shower, hide inside during the heat of the day to work on job applications.

so yesterday I deadheaded the hydrangea because it's almost finished blooming and the blooms that were on it had faded. hydrangeas need to be cut back before august or else you end up cutting off next year's blooms. so I got to work.

imagine my surprise today to go outside and see that the lilies, which flank the front of the front beds, had also been deadheaded.




I don't know who did it - a creepy neighbor? a garden clipper-bearing vagrant? it's a total mystery. frankly I think I might need to step up my gardening game to send a clear message to would-be mystery gardeners that hello! I live here! I don't need you rummaging around in my plants!

No comments:

Post a Comment