Thursday, June 30, 2011

95 - thursday

in my fantasy world, I live on the beach someplace not too hot, not too cold, with zero humidity, and no threat of natural disasters making beach living impractical. no this place does not exist.

this is what my fantasy world home gym looks like:

except that bare-bones elliptical is a treadmill

hey, a girl can dream, right? in real life, this is what my humble little "home gym" looks like:


we have a bench press and a dumbbell rack in the garage, but most days this setup is plenty to supplement my other workouts (mostly running). this morning after pilates I came home and did a quality lower body strength workout. ankle weights + therabands = sufficient resistance. I have a feeling that my body is going to yell at me tomorrow for the amount of lower body and core work I put it through today, but that's ok. I like having this space at home where I can get a quick workout in without having to schlep to the real gym. 

now all that's missing is that beach. do tasty summery cocktails with little drink umbrellas stuck in them substitute adequately? because that's my plan for in the meantime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment