Monday, June 27, 2011

92 - monday


yesterday, I baked t no fewer than 2.75 (yup) dozen cookies and when they cooled, carefully packed them in foil and zip-top bags. as of this morning they're on their way to the middle east, where they'll arrive in about a week, perhaps somewhat less fresh but no less loved. they reheat like a charm, I'm told.

I ate two IMMEDIATELY on removal from the oven, scorching my tongue on molten chocolate chips. it's what I get for being a greedy pig. but I saved this cookie for today. I like the idea of saving a cookie. it's good to do nice things for other people (baking boyfriend 2.75 doz cookies = nice) but it's also sometimes nice to treat yourself, too. so this afternoon I took this little cookie, warmed it up in the microwave, and sat on the kitchen floor, enjoying a moment of cookie heaven by myself. I am finally starting to feel really settled here - settled enough to start cooking for myself and to start thinking of this place as my home, as where I live. it's a comforting feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment