Sunday, June 12, 2011

77 - sunday

I'm lying in bed, listening to the big, fat beetles buzz against the windowscreen. I thought about turning on some music, or the tv, but today has been a quiet day. my mom is gone. I am here alone.

which is absolutely fine. I crossed a ton off my to-do list, getting some really mundane but necessary tasks out of the way: cleaning the kitchen, sweeping the floors, paying the bills.

and unpacking. SO MUCH UNPACKING.

today I found out that I own 28 pairs of shoes. these are not all of them.  

aaaand my suitcases/boxes/bags vomited up every last possession of mine onto the bed and floor.

I spent almost a month living with t back in january and brought a lot with me then; I hung stuff up in the closet and put stuff away in the drawers. much of my unpacking today felt like january on steroids (and  50 degrees hotter). because I don't just have enough stuff for a month of winter - I have everything I own. finding space for it all was hard but I'm in. (remind us in august that we have GOT to get a more efficient closet system.) 

I think that largely because of my trip here in january, unpacking today didn't make it feel like this is my home... yet. I have plenty of settling-in tasks to get to tomorrow. every step I take will bring me closer to feeling like I live here for real. I know I'll get there eventually, and I'm looking forward to it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment