Thursday, June 9, 2011

73 - wednesday

I blatantly forgot to blog last night. I talked to t on skype for a bit and then he went to bed, and I went to bed, and nothing got written. SIGH.

I am in sunny (and hot!) Charleston, SC after Day 2 of our journey. My mom and I got into town around 3 yesterday afternoon and after a cocktail and a shower were ready to get out and explore. We strolled - because that is what southern ladies do, I've decided, to avoid melting in the crushing heat - through the residential neighborhoods on the tip of the peninsula, ogling the mansions and oohing and ahhing over immaculate window box arrangements. We had dinner at Magnolias, a restaurant I have been to once before but my parents have been to many times. We left feeling sated but disappointed in the food; their executive chef, who had been there for the restaurant's more than twenty years of service, just left three months ago.

After dinner it was back to our hotel and straight to bed without any blogging for anyone. I took a lot of pictures yesterday, which I'm excited to share when I can get on my computer later tonight! One more 5 hour drive until we're there!

No comments:

Post a Comment