Thursday, June 23, 2011

88 - thursday

some thoughts for thursday. 


happiness is..

1. finishing the applications I've been working on all week.
2. eating yummy thai food take out.
3. watching bobby flay grill steaks and kick ass.
4. nathan safely home from his sleepover at the gym.

1. I've said it before, I'll say it again: applying to jobs is a full time job. it's stressful. it takes a long time and a lot of effort. just searching for openings can take days, and can be very discouraging when there's not much out there. when you do find something promising, the real fun of assembling cover letters and tailoring resumes and wrangling recommendations (and paying $$$ to overnight your college and grad school transcripts) begins. you work and work to make sure everything is perfect, and then you send it off. and if you're lucky, you hear back, but sometimes it's radio silence.

I'm thankful for my education, for my family, for my friends and for t. I'm well supported in the process, and I know I'll find something. it's just exhausting. I finished two applications tonight and after a final morning proofread, they're off to oz and all I can do is cross all my fingers and toes and hope for the best.

whew. other thoughts:

2. the thai food was ok. I had better pad thai back in providence, at the little place near my department, but I'll adjust. I used to think the pad thai I got in providence was over-sauced and tonight I thought it was under-sauced. I used to hate thai food. wait, when did this become an epic goldilocks quest for perfectly sauced pad thai?

3. bobby flay destroyed his competition on iron chef tonight. do not mess with bobby flay when the challenge ingredient is steak. the man's a grill legend. save alton brown from an hour of forced kitchen stadium humor and just wave the white flag. you will lose.

4. nathan (my little waterbottle) got left behind on the treadmill last night after I finished my interval workout. I picked him up this morning when I went to pilates.  yes, I do humanize things to excess. no, I probably won't stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment