Wednesday, June 9, 2010

50 - wednesday

my aunt martha, my godmother, has no children of her own and so spoils me rotten.  oh, does she spoil me.  and I do not mind it one bit.

she is engaged to a wonderful greek man named michael (which occasionally makes for mistakenly-sent-to-me text messages, haha), and every summer they go together to greece for 3-4 months to see his family.  martha is the kind of person who has an eye for great gifts.  she'll buy something she knows is great even if she doesn't yet know who the lucky recipient will be.  and she always sends the most thoughtful thank-you, or happy birthday, or just because, cards.  she rocks.

my mom's birthday was two weeks ago, and though I pouted at the kick-ass gift martha got for her, I was CONVINCED that my pouting was totally subtle (t will argue here that if I'm experiencing any emotion it's all over my face, no matter how well I think I'm keeping it to myself).  anyway, she sent her a goody bag of these hand creams from athens that I love, and happen to have run out of.  my not-so-subtle pouting was apparently noticed by the right people (I know - I sound so whiney, but I swear, I didn't say anything to anyone!), because this week she sent me my very own (and may I note, more deluxe) bag of treats.


they are the perfect reward for the successful kicking of my hand-eating habit.

look, t, healthy hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment