Wednesday, June 23, 2010

64 - wednesday

the first thing I've learned about grad school is that things that were awesome about undergrad (an entire first week of doing nothing but debating the finer bullet points of an obnoxiously long syllabus) don't exist in the graduate-professional world.  we spent twenty minutes on expectations and hit the ground running with analyzing policy papers and working through our first readings.  grad school does have awesome first-week perks like free dinners at night and free coffee and pastry in the morning, but it's only to lessen the shock of how much work it is.

it's a looong flight from boston to seattle - 3100 miles.   luckily, my books came today in the mail (!), so if I can stay awake it looks like I'll be doing quite a bit of reading to pass the time in the sky.  I'm taking the redeye on sunday night from seattle-san fran-boston, so I will not even pretend for one minute that I'll be doing anything on that leg of the trip but sleeping uncomfortably and possibly drooling on the unlucky passenger sitting next to me.


... that's right, seattle TOMORROW.  marathon SATURDAY.  whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

No comments:

Post a Comment