Sunday, June 20, 2010

61 - sunday

today was exciting because I got to use one of my favorite science words: turgid.  meaning, erect and hydrated.  ever brought back a vase of flowers or a potted plant from the verge of death just by adding or changing the water?  turgidity.

I cooked father's day dinner tonight for my dear old dad, and used a few of the things I picked up at yesterday's farmer's market.  the rainbow chard had wilted significantly overnight in my fridge, so it needed perking back up (don't we all, now and then).  I snipped off the ends and plunged them into a vase of cool, fresh water, and headed off to the grocery store.

sad, floppy chard.


when I got back, voila!  they sprung right back to life and were looking ready to be chopped and sauteed with garlic in olive oil.  yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment