Sunday, June 13, 2010

53 - saturday

I am going to say this once, and calmly.

verizon communications is ruining my life, and I hate all the lying liars who work there and the dirty lies they tell.


good little blinking modem/router! you look like you're doing exactly what you're supposed to do!  except, you aren't doing anything, and no one knows why.

back story.  when we moved on tuesday, we called verizon to let them know, and they promised us service by friday.  at 5 on friday afternoon we were still without, so becca called again and was reassured that there was no problem and the service would be activated at midnight.  annoying, but fine, we thought: we'll live.

saturday morning, we still had nothing.  after a whopping two HOURS on the phone with these people, they confessed that actually, yes, there was a problem, and a technician would have to come out to evaluate.  of course, there's no weekend technician, and because no one knows what the problem is, they require a nine-hour commitment (8a-5p) for someone to be in the apartment for if/when a technician comes.  but becca and I both work those exact hours, meaning it's going to be another freaking WEEK before we can maybe - maybe! can you believe that?! - get connected.  oh, and they want us to keep paying them in the interim.

now, I am occasionally saintly-patient for absurd and uncontrollable situations, but I have a deployed boyfriend who I very much need to communicate with regularly, for both our sakes.  I am starting grad school in a week and have homework and financial aid stuff to do that requires the internet.  and I couldn't help it, I LOST IT at the "department supervisor" (yeah, right) in india who very impolitely insisted that one of us just magically stay home from work to make this happen "at our convenience."  I let him know just exactly what I thought of convenience and his customer service and that he was losing our business.

let's just say we're shopping our options - and thank God my parents live close by so I can get online at their place (the free dinner isn't bad, either).

No comments:

Post a Comment