Tuesday, June 29, 2010

66 - friday

we spent today expo-ing, exploring, but most of all: eating.  

I went for a quick jog in the early morning rain (thanks for living up to the cliches, seattle) before we hit up the expo to get my race number.  then it was off to pike place market in search of good eats.  we did a LOT of walking today, which I'm glad for because my legs were feeling awfully tight/sore from being cramped in a tiny plane for seven hours.





mixed bag from my favorite spot in pike place market: the daily dozen donut co.

farmers market veggie heaven.  oh, if only I lived in seattle...

then, just when everything was going to plan, I got an e-mail from emily that just about gave me a heart attack: she isn't going to make her flight in time to check in (they don't let friends pick up race packets), so she isn't coming anymore.  of course, this sent me into a total tailspin.  she's the seasoned marathon expert and I'm the first-timer.  I was counting on here to talk down my nerves tomorrow, answer all my stupid questions about pace and stretching and whether or not it's safe to take four aleve over the course of the race and what if I poo in my shorts?!?!?  I was hyperventilate-in-a-bag panicking.  nearly in tears (for the second time in as many days).  

good thing marissa is here.  she knows me better than almost anyone - her prescribed remedy for my pre-race panic?  doing what I do best - putting my nervous energy into getting hyper-organized:


she also reminded me that:
  • I am prepared and have trained hard
  • I will not poo in my shorts
  • four aleve sounds like kind of a lot, but at least she'll know how many I took for when I'm in the gutter and the emergency staff call her to find out what my deal is
  • my outfit, all turquoise and yellow, serendipitously matches my race number PERFECTLY.  which must be a sign that I am going to rock it.  
so now I'm feeling much better, but I'm still a total bag of nerves.  I don't know HOW I'm going to sleep tonight..

No comments:

Post a Comment