Monday, June 21, 2010

62 - monday

today was my first day of graduate school!  I don't think I've been this excited since kindergarten!

the brown ed department lives in this gorgeous building.

I was on time (early!) for my bus, played nice with others, made some friends, gave an ad hoc campus tour, and ate not one, but TWO free meals.  the second one involving cake.  I missed the post-orientation, open bar reception because I had to go to work (a complete disaster, but I digress), but that's totally fine because I'm tapering and I'm not supposed to be drinking anyway.

tomorrow I have class for real, and I could not be more excited.

unrelatedly: happy summer solstice!  becca and I celebrated with a glass of wine on the patio (did someone say something about not drinking?), a few slaps at the resident mosquitos, and the requisite oohing and aahing at a perfectly hazy, orange-to-pink-to-deep purple summer sunset.  A+ day.

No comments:

Post a Comment