Thursday, June 17, 2010

58 - thursday

ever since I ended my training relationship with clif bars and made the switch to gu (the chomps are my fave, by the way), I've been trying to figure out what my preferred flavor is.  there are 10 to pick from, so it's not exactly an easy choice.  mint chocolate? disgusting.  and it turns out that I far prefer the orange flavor in chomp form (it tastes like the lollipops my doctor used to give me when I was a kid) over the gel.  I've narrowed it down to three that I like: jet blackberry, tri-berry, and lemon sublime.




I made a leap-of-faith purchase of of a case of lemon sublime at citysports last week having never before tried it.  at the marathon next saturday, they're providing vanilla (I'm operating under the assumption that it's gross) and jet blackberry on the course, but I'll still carry some tri-berry and lemon sublime in my fuel belt.

the lemon sublime tastes like a gatorade popsicle, or how I imagine gatorade fun-dip might taste. it's just the tastiest.

(slightly comical confession: I ate a pack of the orange chomps the other night for dessert, as if they were fruit snacks.  don't judge.)

No comments:

Post a Comment